- Where: Wrecks & Deep Reefs
- When: Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020
- Time: Board at 6:00 am Saturday, departing at 7:00 am and approx. time back is 6:00 pm. NO Boarding the night before
- Cost: $170.00 and includes, 3 dives, food, snacks, drinks & air and reserved bunk-see bunk list-Limited to 24 divers
- New Boat Rules: Please read before signing up for the trip
- ALL TRIPS are weather dependent
Join CIDA on our Adventure Trip diving Wrecks and Deep Reefs off Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands aboard the Peace dive boat.
Depending on weather our plan is to dive the kelpcutter wreck (Kopco Star), Spirit of America and some deeper outer reefs. The planned depths for this trip will be in the 70′-120′ range. Some of the sites we will visit we plan to split the group into two, dropping each about 15 minutes apart.
The first dive (if weather permits) will be the Kopco Star which is a short distance out. It is an old kelpcutter, 52’ X 27’ in size that sunk in October of 1963. It now sits at a depth of 80’. Afterwards we will plan to do some deeper outer reefs off Anacapa, maybe some exploring as well. See kelpcutter video
There is much mystery surrounding the Spirit of America. The wreck was a WWII Minesweeper that sunk in the 70’s but before that is somewhat of a mystery. She sits upright on a sandy bottom resting at about 65’ deep outside the Scorpion Anchorage, Santa Cruz Island. Visibility can be 15’-40’. The Spirit of America is a very good dive with plenty to explore. The wreck is in a protected area with lots of fish and the large Spanish Shawls
These Adventure trips are PERFECT for the Experienced Advanced Deep diver who is getting tired of the same old thing and wanting more. Rebreathers, doubles and scooters are welcome. PLEASE no planned extended dive times past 60 minutes on the Adventure trips.