- Where: Santa Barbara Island
- Depart From: Ventura Harbor
- When: Saturday, June 6, 2020
- Time: Board between 8:00 pm-midnight Saturday evening with the Peace departing at 2:00 am, the approx. time back to the dock is 6:00 pm.
- Cost: $245.00 includes, 4 dives, food & air and reserved bunk Limited to 11 divers
- New Boat Rules: Please read before signing up for the trip
- ALL TRIPS are weather dependent
Join Channel Islands Dive Adventures on our trip to Santa Barbara Island aboard the Peace Dive Boat
Santa Barbara Island has some excellent dive sites year round. On this trip we will be joining the Sea Divers, diving some of the more advanced dive sites around the island. This will not be a trip to see the sea lions that SBI is known for. This trip will be to dive the deeper less dived sites that SBI has to offer. SBI also usually has better visibility and warmer water then some of the other islands.
Santa Barbara Island is very diverse with caves, underwater arches, pinnacles and rocky reefs plus there is a variety of aquatic creatures and healthy kelp forests. Some of the good dive sites are Arch Reef where you will find purple hydrocoral, Sutil Pass (20’-70’ deep) next to Sutil Island which is a 300’ rock with its kelp forests and bat rays during the summer, Shag Rock (30’-70’ deep) with its rocky reefs that are great for hunters looking for halibut, fish or lobsters and Black Caverns (60’-100’ deep) which is favorite advanced dive site for its caves and caverns with plenty of room between the floor and the ceiling.