- Depart from: Ventura Harbor
- When: Friday/Saturday, July 17 & 18, 2020
- Time: Board on Thursday night between 8:00-11:00 pm with the Peace departing at midnight
- Cost: $445.00 includes lots of dives, 1 night dive, meals, air and reserved bunks Limited to 11 divers
- New Boat Rules: Please read before signing up for the trip
- ALL TRIPS are weather dependent
Join CIDA on our charter sharing the Peace with the Sea Divers for a 2 day trip to Begg Rock and San Nicolas Island
Begg Rock is 8 miles northwest of San Nicolas Island. It is a large sea mound that rises about 15 feet above the water plunging way past recreational diving depths. It is fully exposed and sometimes Mother Nature will not let you dive it, but when she does it is an experience you will never forget!
Begg Rock is 8 miles offshore from San Nicolas Island. It is a large sea mound with only a little portion showing itself above water. Underwater it is like the Matterhorn plunging deep into the ocean. It is fully exposed and when you can dive it the reward is worth it. This area is now an MPA and has tremendous fish and marine life around it. Afterwards we will move to San Nicolas Island for some more awesome diving. The reefs get very little diving pressure here making it an oasis for the hunter and photographer. Because the weather and Military doesn't always make it easy to get to Begg Rock, plan B might be Santa Barbara Island. Whatever we do we will try our best to make it fun and interesting!