- Where: Peace to Anacapa
- Depart from: Ventura Harbor, Ventura
- When: Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Time: boarding at 6:00 am Saturday, departing at 7:00 am and approx. time back is 6:00 pm. NO Boarding the night before
- Cost: $15.00 includes, 3 dives, food, drinks, air and reserved bunk Limited to 15 divers
- New Boat Rules: Please read before signing up for the trip
- ALL TRIPS are weather dependent
Join CIDA for a FUN trip to Anacapa Island can be a fun and aboard the Peace dive boat. Anacapa Island has many excellent dive spots with lots to see. Visibility is usually very good and the sites always have something for everyone.
Most dives around Anacapa are next to the island in depths from a few feet to about 60 feet. Anacapa has lots of rocky reefs and plenty of kelp forests to go with it. On the reefs you will find many varieties of fish including kelp bass, sheepshead and Garibaldi. It is not unusual to spot sea lions, seals, lobster, bat rays, horn sharks, moray eels, and occasionally giant black sea bass. The more you look the more you see!
For someone who has never dived in a kelp forest, this can be quite spectacular. It gives you the sense of being in an underwater forest and the sun rays shining through the kelp combined with curious sea lions darting about can make for some breathtaking moments. Visibility at the sites could be 20’-60’.