- Where: West end of Catalina
- Depart from: 22nd Street Landing, San Pedro
- When: Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Time: Board at 6:00 am Saturday, depart at 7:00 am with us getting back about 6:00 pm.
- Due to Covid-19 the bunk room is off limits
- Cost: $190.00 includes, 3 dives, food, drinks & air Limited to 14 divers
- New Boat Rules: Please read before signing up for the trip
- ALL TRIPS are weather dependent
Join Channel Islands Dive Adventures on a trip to Catalina West End aboard Magician Dive Boat. The West end and backside of Catalina has some of the best dives Catalina has to offer. These sites have very healthy kelp forests and excellent underwater terrain and offer something for everyone.
The west end of Catalina has some excellent diving with dive sites such as Cape Cortez, Eagles Nest, Wild West and more. It is possible we might also visit some sites along the front west side of Catalina such as Bird Rock, Ship Rock, Parsons Landing. Lots of Catalina has the kelp coming back and the west end dive sites seem to be doing the best plus with the kelp forest you typically have the sea lions, bat rays, sheephead, Garibaldi and more to see. Water temperature and visibility tend to be very good here as well.
This trip is best suited for
OW divers and above and a great choice for divers wanting to sharpen their diving skills for more advanced trips. The dive sites visited have something for everyone. Dive sites are to be determined by “BEST CONDITIONS” based on water visibility, tides, current, surge, swell and wind. Good buoyancy control and surface signal tubes are always recommended